Modelling Branch Lines - A Guide for Railway Modellers
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||30/07/2015|
|INSIDE:||307 colour and b&w photographs and 71 drawings and diagrams|
This comprehensive book is aimed at all those railway modellers who wish to create a realistic model of a branch line. It contains a vast array of useful information, excellent reference photographs, practical tips, explanations of modelling techniques and a host of exciting modelling ideas.
- Examines the origins, developments and future of branch lines in Britain
- Considers where to house the model and demonstrates how it can be located and operated in a relatively small space without losing its appeal
- Provides useful insights into how to select a suitable branch line to model
- Discusses how to create scenic realism and an appropriate setting for the model, with reference to the landscape, the infrastructure, the lineside and the use of authentic colour
- Presents information about a selection of real, and some fictitious, branch lines in order to inspire the modeller and help him select a suitable subject to lovingly recreate
- Contains track plans and superb drawings of the whole scene which provide a visual interpretation of what the completed model should look like
- Presents a number of case-study projects
Site Price: £15.19E-Book Edition: £16.99 (incl. VAT)
" An interesting book that I am sure will be of help to anyone contemplating a branch line model, written by someone who has much experience of the hobby. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: The Model Railway Club