Designing and Making Rings and Bangles
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||10/07/2017|
|INSIDE:||200 colour photographs|
Rings and bangles are timeless jewellery pieces; from simple elegance to bold creations, they make stunning statements. This beautiful book explains traditional techniques with step-by-step guides, and gives inspiration through stunning examples from leading jewellers. Written by two award-winning designer makers, it encourages jewellers of all levels of experience to express themselves and make unique pieces of jewellery to be worn and treasured. Written both for beginners wanting to make their first ring or bangle and for the more experienced looking for inspiration.
- Full account of the design process, from initial observation to developing, selecting materials and finalizing an idea
- Advice on equipment and materials - looks at the tools required and how to use materials in innovative ways
- Step-by-step guides to traditional techniques including simple forming and soldering
- Detailed instruction is given on more elaborate ways of making and decorating work, including casting, texturing, etching, granulation, inlay and keum-boo
- Guide to using gemstones with a range of settings
- Emphasis on the importance of finishing the ring or bangle and achieving perfection
Site Price: £16.00E-Book Edition: £16.99 (incl. VAT)
" Brilliant! This book is a source of inspiration for jewellery designers and makers at any skills level. Techniques and processes are explained professionally through amazing models. The authors are able to promote creativity so that practitioners can develope their own style. Highly recommended! "
Review Type: Customer
Posted By: Sara Angeli