Modelling Tunnels, Embankments, Walls and Fences for Model Railways
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||09/08/2017|
|INSIDE:||330 colour photos|
Whether in a rural or urban setting, the addition of railway infrastructure can transform a train set into a railway layout. Modelling Tunnels, Embankments, Walls and Fences for Model Railways demonstrates how to build these essential features and place them into a railway layout. It describes the unique challenges, techniques and materials for each element, and provides plenty of practical advice on how to realistically model these crucial aspects of a landscape.
- Shows how to incorporate topographical features into a layout, from planning to execution
- Examines the importance of baseboard construction and track laying when modelling a landscape
- Explains practical considerations and techniques for building tunnels
- Provides expert guidance on choosing the most suitable railway boundary
- Considers the use of vegetation, animals and small buildings to bring layouts to life
- Demonstrates the use of ready-to-plant items, and kit- and scratch-building techniques.
Site Price: £15.99E-Book Edition: £16.99 (incl. VAT)