Modelling Heavy Industry - A Guide for Railway Modellers
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||09/08/2017|
|INSIDE:||281 colour and 28 b & w photographs|
Railway layouts often depict a branch line in a rural or urban setting, with the majority of locomotive models representing passenger trains. However, increasingly, ready-to-run models of industrial locomotives are becoming available, providing the unique opportunity to place them into an industrial context. This new book gives the guidance and inspiration to place these models in their natural, industrial environment.
- Defines heavy industry and considers real-world examples from 'inside the fence'
- Describes the tools, materials, parts and fittings most suited to the construction of very large structures
- Gives step-by-step descriptions of several build projects including a gas holder, a cooling tower and an open hearth melting shop
- Shows how to make resin buildings, kits and scratch-building
- Demonstrates the construction of industrial structure models in a variety of scales
- Explains the development of an industrial locomotive fleet, specialized rolling stock and road vehicles
Site Price: £15.19E-Book Edition: £16.99 (incl. VAT)
" This is a great read and is my current 'must have' for the bookshelf. From small adaptations of proprietary resin buildings through to scale models of cooling towers, the projects are to be admired. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: British Railway Modelling