Narrow Boat Engine Maintenance and Repair
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||14/11/2017|
|INSIDE:||264 colour photographs & 59 line drawings|
When owning a narrow boat, or any engine-powered vessel, it is vital to ensure that the engine is kept in good working order. Narrow Boat Engine Maintenance and Repair is a practical guide to help keep your engine operational, and your boat moving. It also provides instruction on how to identify faults and, where possible, how to fix them. With its focus on diesel engine operation, and the systems found on most vessels, this is a useful resource for any boat owner.
- Provides practical guidance to undertake everyday maintenance on your diesel engine
- Demonstrates how to complete a service and locate and resolve common faults
- Explains the theory required to understand each of the boat's main systems
- Shares the practical skills and techniques that engineers spend many years learning
- Covers propulsion, cooling and electrical systems
- Reveals specialist tips and techniques employed by engineers when repairing vessels
- Explores different engines and arrangements to help identify key components
- Highly illustrated with 264 colour step-by-step photographs and 60 technical diagrams
Site Price: £16.00E-Book Edition: £16.99 (incl. VAT)
" For anyone who is happy to get their hands dirty but lacks the confidence to tackle a job, this book could well provide you with what you're looking for. For most boat owners this is a book well worth having. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Towpath Talk