Botanical Illustration - The Complete Guide
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||26/06/2018|
|INSIDE:||391 colour images|
Botanical Illustration - the complete guide explains the processes and methods behind this beautiful art genre. It highlights the importance of the requisite skills of close observation, accurate drawing and attention to detail. Leigh Ann Gale is a leading botanical artist and tutor, and she generously demonstrates her approach in this book. Her worked example of fuchsia magellanica illustrates the varied stages of an illustration. Along with step-by-step instructions to a range of subjects, this book is beautifully illustrated with over 350 images, diagrams and paintings of her and her students' work. This book is a source of inspiration as well as a definitive guide.
- Introduction to botany and a comprehensive botanical glossary
- A case study demonstrates each stage of a worked example, including the selection and preparation of a subject, observational drawings, composition skills and painting processes
- Step-by-step instructions cover many subjects, from creating shine on leaves and berries, to painting white flowers and depicting hairs on leaves and stemsÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â·
- Guide to colour theory and how to mix colours accurately to match your specimens and make the most of your watercolour palette
- Ideas on how to continue, and develop your own style of botanical illustration
Site Price: £20.00E-Book Edition: £20.00 (incl. VAT)
" HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - a very thorough and well-structured manual of information about the process for producing botanical illustrations of a high quality. It's a very apt title - this is a comprehensive and COMPLETE Guide! In fact, the book is almost overflowing with content. A very relevant book for those who aspire to produce botanical paintings and illustrations for a Florilegium, given Leigh Anne's familiarity with the sort of expectations of the standards required. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Katherine Tyrrell - Botanical Art & Artists