Theatrical Scenic Art
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||06/09/2018|
|INSIDE:||400 colour illustrations and 7 black & white photos and 39 line artworks|
Theatrical Scenic Art is a detailed guide to the creative process of painting and preparing scenery for theatre. The book offers key insights into the role of the scenic artist, detailing the process from planning, budgeting and developing samples through to creating and delivering the final finishes.
Additional topics covered include:
- Design interpretation and realisation
- Choosing the right tools and equipment
- Drawing and colour theory
- Preparation for floor and frame painting
- Traditional and contemporary techniques for hard and soft scenery
- A range of processes including creating textures, polystyrene carving, scenic faux finishes and sign writing
With personal insights from highly acclaimed designers, this practical guide offers advice on how to become a scenic artist, useful work experience, valid courses and career options for both freelance and fulltime painters.
Supported by over 400 striking illustrations, this is an essential companion for technical theatre students, practising scenic artists and for all who are interested in the art of creating painted and textured surfaces for performance.
Site Price: £20.00E-Book Edition: £20.00 (incl. VAT)