Photographic Image Enhancement and Workflow
|INSIDE:||218 colour photographs|
Time and circumstance often prevent the perfect photograph from being taken. This book explains how to enhance an image using readily available software in order to obtain the photo you wanted to take. It explains how to analyse a photograph to recognize what needs to be done, and then shows how to improve it. Instead of being a guide to one specific software program, the book looks at different styles of workflow and process. It covers transferable skills and uses a variety of software for all budgets. Written with accessible clarity and practical detail, this book is a must for everyone who enjoys their photography and wants to take their images to the next level.
- Explains the digital image and the terms used, from pixels to histograms
- Introduces a wide variety of software to suit all budgets, from the best of the free programs to the most expensive
- Advises on downloading, organizing and viewing images
- Covers the essential elements of the image (how it was exposed, the tonal range, noise and sharpness) and finally, further options such as (composition, monochrome, colour palette and cloning tools)
- Examples of real photos and problems, and step-by-step guides to how they can be rectified
Site Price: £15.19E-Book Edition: £14.99 (incl. VAT)
" This book has been a revelation for me on the capabilities of image software and has taken my digital photography to a new dimension; it should be on every photographer's bookshelf. Phil Greaves "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Quekett Journal of Microscopy