Pest and Disease Management for Organic Farmers, Growers and Smallholders - A Complete Guide
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||14/10/2010|
|INSIDE:||99 colour photographs|
Pest and Disease Management for Organic Farmers, Growers and Smallholders is a comprehensive book covering all aspects of the subject in temperate areas. Incorporating the most up-do-date thinking on organic pest and disease management, it is an essential reference work for all those wishing to develop a good understanding of the subject.
The authors provide a practical guide to organic pest and disease management practices. They advocate a whole-farm approach to pest and disease management, which uses rotations and the full farm landscape to manage pest and disease outbreaks.
The book covers:
- The scientific principles underlying pest and disease management in organic systems
- Long-term preventative methods, based on sensitive landscape management, and shorter-term reactive measures
- The cost implications of different approaches
- The monitoring and decision-making processes that farmers and growers should use
- The key pests and diseases of field vegetables, cereals and green manures, and their management in organic systems
In assocation with Garden Organic.
Site Price: £20.00
" Although this book is aimed at the organic producer, it contains a wealth of information which will provide an excellent background to pest and disease control for all types of growers, whether organic or conventional. The scientific principles relating to the many aspects of pest and disease control are clearly identified and well described. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Vegetable Farmer / Smallholder