Cyclosportives - A Competitor's Guide
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||29/03/2011|
|INSIDE:||157 colour photographs|
Cyclosportives, or sportives as they are usually known, are the cycling equivalent of marathons. They often last over seven hours and are ridden over distances in excess of 100 miles. If they are to complete successfully, serious sportive riders require a high level of physical fitness, mental strength and focus, good bike-handling skills and the ability to commit themselves to a stringent programme of training and preparation.
Written by two accomplished and experienced sportive competitors the book covers:
- The origins and development of the sportive
- The bike, clothing and equipment
- Training and avoiding injury
- Nutrition, planning and preparation
- Bike-handling and group-riding techniques
- The mental aspects of sportive riding
- Competing in a race and 'the recovery'
- Frequently asked questions
Site Price: £11.99E-Book Edition: £11.99 (incl. VAT)