Gymnastics: Crowood Sports Guides - Skills. Techniques. Training
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||13/05/2011|
|INSIDE:||96 colour photographs|
Crowood Sports Guides provide sound, practical advice that will make you a better sportsperson, whether you are learning the basic skills, discovering more advanced techniques or reviewing the fundamentals of your sport.
- The rules and regulations that govern the sport and the roles and responsibilities of gymnasts, coaches and officials during an event.
- The technical skills in women's gymnastics [vaulting, asymmetric bars, balance beam and floor exercises] and men's gymnastics [floor exercises, pommel horse, rings, vaulting, parallel bars and horizontal bar].
- Detailed 'key points' for the gymnastic skills and elements covered.
- The content and structure of the training regimes, together with the methods and techniques used to teach and perform some important core skills and a range of more advanced skills.
- The ways in which coaches develop the high levels of skill and physical fitness required by gymnasts.
- Psychology, nutrition, preventing under-performance, and injury prevention and treatment.
Site Price: £7.99E-Book Edition: £7.99 (incl. VAT)
" This important guide covers the main technical skills in both men's and women's gymnastics whether you are learning the basic skills or discovering more advanced methods.
Illustrated with 106 colour photographs, contents also include the rules and regulations that govern the sport as well as psychology, nutrition and injury prevention and treatment. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: School Sport