Re-Educating Racehorses - A Life after Racing
|INSIDE:||158 colour photographs|
This fully comprehensive book guides the reader through the process of acquiring and subsequently re-training a racehorse. It provides an in-depth look at what life was like for the horse at the racing yard and how through correct training and education you can train your horse to become a happy adjusted athlete ready for everyday equestrian activities.
- What to consider when re-homing a racehorse out of training
- Under New Management; how to ensure a smooth transition
- Feeding and Nutrition; how diet affects performance
- Working from the ground; a detailed look at the importance of groundwork training
- Re-schooling; what is required of you and your horse