|INSIDE:||180 colour photographs|
Pantomime is a much-loved national institution, but how is it created? What tools and processes are used? Working from purely a title, this practical book explains how a script and a design can develop together through the creative processes to culminate in the wonder and excitement of a unique production on opening night.
- Explains how to get started in writing and designing an original pantomime.
- Uses major professional productions to illustrate established techniques and new innovations.
- Examines pantomime traditions and scene structure and how these can be utilized in productions today.
- Describes how staging design can influence the narrative.
- Looks at how pantomime characters develop through their costume.
- Explores the tricks and magic essential for pantomime.
- Shows visuals from a range of productions from small regional through to large commercial pantomimes.
Site Price: £13.59