Digital Slot Car Racing in 1/32 scale
|INSIDE:||333 colour illustrations|
Scalextric-style 1/32 racing just got better!
Digital can run more than two cars on two-lane circuits, introducing overtaking and racing tactics to bring slot car racing closer than ever to real motorsports. Here is the complete guide to digital racing. Researched with hands-on testing and support from manufacturers, distributors, developers and enthusiasts.
Topics covered include:
- In-depth coverage of all the major systems: Scalextric, Carrera, SCX and Ninco
- Full details of advanced systems Davic, oXigen, Scorpius, Slotfire, BLST and routed digital
- Advice for people new to slot car racing and for those wishing to upgrade from analogue systems
- How digital slot car racing works
- How to design perfect digital racing circuits
- How to conduct digital races
- How to keep digital systems in tip-top condition
- DIY project to customise digital systems and car
Site Price: £15.19
" If for no other reason I would recommend this book for the many projects inside. Chang provides detailed instructions and wiring diagrams for building hybrid tracks, improving cars' lights, powering passive flippers and many other upgrades for home or club tracks.
This book helped me understand how much digital slot car racing has been advanced by the work of hobbyists, primarily in Europe. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Slot Car Illustrated
" What a job he has done! To say that he has nailed it is to do the author an injustice. He has nailed it, bolted it , then glued it to be sure. There is something for everyone here, from the dyed-in-the-wool analogue racer who is wondering what all the fuss is about, to the modern digital-age converts, and it's a book that a new enthusiast can 'grow into' as he or she gains experience.
This book should grace the shelves (or better still the workbench) of every digital racer out there. Slot car product of the year? Quite possibly. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Slot Car