Clinker Boat Building - A Guide to Traditional Techniques
|INSIDE:||178 colour photogrpahs|
Clinker boats have a long history and were notably used by the Vikings. They are a romantic and traditional sight on the water. Their popularity has endured because of the elegance and strength of their construction. Today, there is a thriving interest in these boats. This new book gives practical instruction on how to build clinker boats and celebrates their proud history. Written by a passionate sailor and boat builder, it combines the joys of carpentry with the sense of accomplishment of sailing your very own craft.
- No previous boat-building knowledge assumed.
- Detailed advice on designs best suited to clinker construction.
- Step-by-step guidance to the building process.
- Traditional and current building techniques explained.
- Guide to rigging, finishing and maintenance.