|INSIDE:||190 colour photographs|
Packed with advice and tips, this practical book explains how to get the most from your greenhouse. By first looking at the design and site of the greenhouse, it leads the gardener through the joys and opportunities of growing a large range of plants, both edible and ornamental, under glass that would be impossible in the open.
- Guide to the types of greenhouses and systems available
- Advice on organising and displaying plants
- Techniques for propagating plants
- Tips on controlling pests and diseases
- Gardening calendar to follow with seasonal jobs explained
- Recommended plants to try
"It is refreshing and reassuring when an experienced gardener such as Peter Blackburne-Maze pares greenhouse gardening down to its bare essentials by writing a back-to-basics, no-nonsense book. Its main aim is to encourage those who are thinking of buying a greenhouse to realise their dream with confidence. As an overview, it is easy to read, concise and gives the beginner the basics they need."
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Gardens Illustrated