Subaru Impreza WRX and WRX STI - The Complete Story
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||15/11/2012|
|INSIDE:||150 colour photographs|
Few cars in modern times have caused as much of a stir as the turbocharged Subaru Impreza. It came from nowhere at the start of the 1990s to claim three successive World Rally Championships for its makers in the middle of that decade, and went on to become an enthusiasts' car thanks to is affordability, high performance - and, of course, the glorious exhaust note of its unusual flat-four 'boxer' engine.
This book examines the three generations of Subaru Impreza WRX and WRX STI from 1992 - 2012, including how the roadgoing cars were developed from the successful rally models, production history and specification details.
Topics covered include:
- History of the Impreza, and early days in competition with the Leone and the Legacy models
- Construction and derivatives of the distinctive flat-four engine
- Innovations in the Impreza's four-wheel-drive system
- Design and specifications for special editions
- Includes material from Prodrive on their limited edition models
- Examines both rally and roadgoing cars
Site Price: £15.96