Rock Climbing - A Guide to Skills, Techniques and Training
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||14/12/2012|
|INSIDE:||360 colour photographs|
Rock Climbing is a comprehensive guide for both novice climbers starting out in the sport, and experienced climbers who want to improve their rope work, technique and knowledge of rock climbing.
Focusing on indoor and summer rock climbing, the book covers:
- Essential safety skills for bouldering, top roping, sport, traditional and multi-pitch climbing
- A complete kit list for each style of climbing
- Abseiling and self-rescue skills
- Mental training and tactics
- Technique training to improve your climbing movement, shown through step-by-step photography
- Training for power and endurance
- The history and ethics of rock climbing
Written by an experienced coach and guide, and always taking safety as a primary concern, the book acts as a companion to training, and will reinforce learning to help the climber to put their skills into practice.
Site Price: £13.59
" It would be a useful book to have at home, for dipping into or for brushing up on skills and filling in gaps for the intermediate standard climber. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: The London Mountaineer