|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||10/12/2013|
|INSIDE:||260 colour photographs|
The Competitive Archer provides practical advice to archers showing them a path to success in their competition performance, taking them from keen weekend competitors to top athletes in the world arena.
The book covers:
- How to set goals and then prioritize those goals
- The nature of more serious competition in archery: making decisions about how much time an individual is able or wishes to give to the sport, how far that time will get them and making the best use of limited time
- Planning training and competition schedules
- More advanced training, shooting practices and techniques to speed up and increase improvement, and to evaluate progress
- Incorporating mental practices into training
- Fine-tuning of archery equipment
- Preparation for individual and team competitions
Although this book deals with success in archery, it shows that the path to success follows the same procedure in any endeavour. The Competitive Archer includes advice and tips from thirty-five top international and Olympic archers about their methods for success, and also draws on the author's extensive experience and knowledge.
Site Price: £15.99E-Book Edition: £14.99 (incl. VAT)