Build Your Own Brick House
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||15/07/2013|
|INSIDE:||250 colour photographs|
Build Your Own Brick House follows the process of a self-build, using traditional brick and block techniques, enabling the self-builder to understand both the individual stages and the nature of the build as a whole. It takes a practical approach, focusing on the best use of time, abilities and budget, and on communicating more clearly and effectively with designers and tradespeople in order to make the build as smooth as possible.
The book covers:
- The possibilities and practicalities of building in brick
- Making a budget and finding/buying a plot
- Designing with brick
- Obtaining planning permission and Building Regulations approval
- Employing both a main contractor and subcontractors
- Each stage of the build from foundations through the walls, roof, interiors and services
- Completion of a project and trouble-shooting
Site Price: £20.00E-Book Edition: £20.00 (incl. VAT)
" Cole shares his valuable experience in an open and informative way. He shares his passion for the subject and offers little nuggets of information that could only come from someone who has been there and done that. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: SelfBuild & Improve Your Home