Frogeye Sprite - The Complete Story
|INSIDE:||270 colour photographs|
Frogeye Sprite - The Complete Story is the only book to have been written exclusively about the iconic Mark 1 Austin Healey Sprite. The headlights in the bonnet and unusual radiator grill shape gave the car a cheeky grin, so it soon gained the name 'Frogeye'. The book covers the full story of the design, development and manufacture of the Mark 1 Austin Healey Sprite, including the considerable success of the car in racing and rallying.
Topics covered include:
- The car's racing success with drivers such as Stirling Moss, John Sprinzel, Paddy Hopkirk and Alec Poole
- The special-bodied and bespoke grand touring versions such as the Sebring Sprite, Alexander GT and Lenham GT, plus the one-off Lumbertubs Sprite
- Modern day Sprites - new-builds and restorations
- Owners' experiences of living with and driving the Frogeye
- Information about clubs and support for owners
- Foreword by Bic Healey.
Site Price: £24.00E-Book Edition: £25.00 (incl. VAT)
" John's meticulous research comes through in all the potted histories of the various cars and shows just how many lives this little fun sports car has touched in the last 50-plus years. I'm sure many a Frogeye owner, whether past or present, will want to have this book on his/her motoring bookshelf. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Sebringsprite.com