LMS/BR Class 7 4-6-0 Rebuilds - The Rebuilt Jubilee, Patriot and Royal Scot Locomotives
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||17/02/2014|
|INSIDE:||240 colour photographs|
A comprehensive look at the LMS/BR Class 7 4-6-0 rebuilt locomotives, including the rebuilt Jubilees, the rebuilt Patriots and the rebuilt Royal Scots. The book includes hundreds of photographs and feedback from the original crews that operated the engines.
Topics covered include:
- Origins of the rebuilt Class 7s in the 1940s and the design of the 2A boiler
- Differences between the classes
- Liveries, names and name plates
- Detailed allocation tables
- Rebuilt Class 7s to the rescue - the severe winter of 1962/3
- Decline of the Class 7s and withdrawal in the 1960s
- Preservation of the Class 7 rebuilds
Site Price: £20.00E-Book Edition: £20.00 (incl. VAT)
" Author David Clarke has produced a very thoroughly researched profile of the three classes, examining the many detail differences - of which there are more than you might think.
A book that any LMS enthusiast will find well worth picking up. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Steam Railway