Residential Lighting Design
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||21/07/2014|
|INSIDE:||132 colour photographs|
Good lighting is essential to a building. An effective design is not just about introducing light into a space, but rather an appreciation of how the space will be used. A good lighting design is so intertwined with the building that it is only noticed in its absence. Written by a leading lighting designer, this essential book explains the basics of how to use light effectively, how to create a beautiful lighting scheme and how to avoid the pitfalls that occur in most projects.
- Guide to lamps and light fittings, and their different uses
- Principles of lighting design - understanding light and shadow
- Room-by-room analysis of good lighting design
- Advice on controls,plus an overview of the pitfalls of dimming and energy saving
- Instruction on preparing a lighting plan for contractors
- Illustrated throughout with stunning images and creative ideas
Site Price: £20.00E-Book Edition: £20.00 (incl. VAT)
" Written by a leading lighting designer, Marcus Steffen, this stunning new book explains the basics of how to use light effectively, how to create a beautiful lighting scheme, and how to avoid the pitfalls that occur in many projects. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: In Design magazine