|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||21/11/2014|
|INSIDE:||254 colour photographs|
Miniatures are not simply small paintings: special techniques are used to achieve their unique glow and luminosity. This book explains how to paint in detail in a small format with colour and precision. Drawing on her extensive experience, Pauline Denyer-Baker shares her passion for painting miniatures, and inspires both beginners and more experienced artists to master and enjoy this historic art form.
- An introduction to the history and traditions of miniatures set by Holbein, Hilliard and Oliver
- The importance of drawing and sketchbooks
- Advice on materials, paints, bases and framing
- Step-by-step demonstrations of stippling and hatching, watercolour and oil painting, and colour mixing
- Focus on portraits, still life and silhouettes
- Work from leading artists with a range of styles and subjects
Site Price: £13.59E-Book Edition: £12.99 (incl. VAT)
" This is a comprehensive book and one which both requires and repays considerable study. Work through it and you should find yourself either fully satisfied or ready to take the next stage and one of those specialist societies. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Art Book Review