|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||08/06/2015|
|INSIDE:||128 colour photographs|
Cinematography is the art and craft of visualizing and recording the moving image. The cinematographer therefore has to use their technical and creative skills to photographically capture the mood of the film and the vision of the director. Done properly, they add the magic and depth to a film, giving it a defining edge.
This practical book explains the principles behind cinematography, as well as the skills of the cinematographer. Having described the equipment, it looks at how to interpret the script and advises on how to find a visual style. Written by a respected cinematographer, it also explains the roles of the camera crew and the importance of working as a team.
The book covers:
- Guide to digital and film cameras, as well as camera supports
- Ideas for framing and capturing the moving image, rules for using camera movement successfully, and an introduction to camera angles
- Ways to work with light and lighting to achieve the 'look' of the film
- Step-by-step example of how to shoot the perfect interview
- Advice from and interviews with experienced cinematographers and crew members
Site Price: £13.59E-Book Edition: £14.99 (incl. VAT)