Craft Cider Making - Third Edition
|INSIDE:||100 colour photographs|
This new edition of the best-selling Craft Cider Making is fully revised and updated. Packed with essential advice and information, it gives step-by-step instruction for small scale cider making. It retains the best of traditional practice but also draws on modern understanding of orcharding and fermentation science. Written by an award-winning cider maker, it guides beginners into the rewarding world of cider making and helps those with more experience expand their skills to enjoy the craft more fully.
- Guide to cider apples, as well as advice on growing and caring for them
- Introduction to equipment and processes
- Instructions on how to make still, dry cider; sparkling, sweetened, blended and keeved versions; and unfermented apple juice, cider vinegar and perry
- Advice on troubleshooting
- Primarily for makers working on a small scale, ranging from a couple of apple trees to several acres of orchard and hoping to make between ten and ten thousand litres.
'The definitive guide to artisan cider making' Alex Hill of Vigo Presses and Bollhayes Cider
Site Price: £10.39E-Book Edition: £10.99 (incl. VAT)
" This is a well-produced and popular text that offers an interesting outlet for smallholders with access to the raw materials, either home-grown or bought in. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Somerset Smallholders Journal