Weathering for Railway Modellers - Volume 1 - Locomotives and Rolling Stock
|INSIDE:||660 colour photographs|
Once seen as a niche practice, the craft of weathering has now become firmly rooted in the railway modelling mainstream. Not simply a means of rendering models in layers of dirty paint, weathering involves a myriad of techniques aimed at improving realism, including distinctive surface textures, highlights and shading, burnishing and peeling paint finishes. The weathering process beings out the best in a model, making moulded relief or a lustrous livery really stand out. As well as replicating the real world more closely, weathering also helps a model to look at home within a scenic setting.
Aimed at modellers of all abilities and eras, this book is an essential guide to creating the most realistic locomotives and rolling stock in any scale. It includes:
- A guide to tools, paints, washes, dry pigments and other innovative media
- The correct techniques for model preparation
- A wide range of techniques for wagons, carriages, locomotives and multiple units in any scale
- How to replicate authentic surface textures and effects, from polished surfaces to corroded metal and worn timber
- How to bring models to life with faded paintwork, peeling and chipped finishes and subtle highlights and shading
- The secret to successful airbrushing
Site Price: £15.19E-Book Edition: £16.99 (incl. VAT)
" This is an excellent book. I really can't fault it. The book covers a huge variety of techniques and subjects, and the pictorial coverage is excellent. Highly recommended "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: LUDEME.co.uk