Understanding and Adjusting Sewing Patterns - to make clothes that fit and flatter
|INSIDE:||145 colour photographs|
Everyone feels good and looks better in well-fitted clothes. This practical book explains how to make garments that really fit you and flatter your shape. It is a step-by-step guide to understanding fully what is included on a sewing pattern envelope and the contents within, so that you can make the clothes you want look amazing. Aimed at those home sewers who have no confidence in fitting, this book will be your best friend and will guide you through the process of sewing successful clothes with a professional fit and finish.
- Fully explains the information on the pattern envelope and how to use it
- Gives detailed help on deciding what size of pattern you should cut and how to use the different sizes when cutting your pattern
- Provides clear instructions on taking key body measurements, and tips for seeing and understanding what your body shape actually is
- Explains how to fit on a dressform and how to adjust a dressform so that it resembles your personal size and shape
- Encourages you to be confident and creative, and to take the next step with your dressmaking