|INSIDE:||215 colour photographs|
Silversmithing is an exciting and developing craft, which combines traditional techniques with contemporary design and technology. This practical book introduces the craft with a guide to the workshop and its tools, then emphasises the importance of drawing and design before explaining key techniques and showing how they can be used in clearly illustrated projects. By keeping the individual pieces small, it explains a range of skills that can be developed and combined to make more adventurous items.
- TRANSFORM silver sheets or rods into three-dimensional shapes using sinking, raising and forging techniques
- LEARN to silver solder and attach handles to the rounded body of a bowl and create well-fitting seams
- COMBINE two or more techniques to create new pieces and experiment with your own designs
- COMPLETE a piece and give it a professional finish and polish
- NINE PROJECTS illustrate the techniques in use and include making spoons, round boxes, hinged lids, drinker beakers and candlesticks
Site Price: £13.59E-Book Edition: £12.99 (incl. VAT)