Essential Guide to Jazz Dance
|INSIDE:||208 colour and 17 black & white photos and 10 colour diagrams|
Jazz dance and its inherent music is recognized as one of the original and most potent art forms of the last two centuries. From its African roots to our present-day global dance community, the jazz idiom has afforded a cross-fertilization with all other artistic, cultural and social representations within the arts industry, providing an accessible dance platform for dancers, teachers and creatives to enjoy both recreationally and professionally. This new book offers a practical and uncomplicated overview to the multi-layered history, practices and development of jazz dance as a creative and artistic dance form.
- The incredible history and lineage of jazz dance
- Specifics of jazz aesthetic, steps and styles
- An insightful and detailed breakdown of a practical jazz dance warm-up and technical exercises
- Creative frameworks to support development of jazz dance expression and aesthetic
- Performance and improvisation
- Jazz music and musical interpretation
- Choreographing and creating jazz works
Site Price: £16.00E-Book Edition: £16.00 (incl. VAT)
" This is exactly why my A level dance students have been asking for - a text book with everything in one place. Having read the book, I did not hesitate to order a set of 30 copies so each of my students will have access to this outstanding resource. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Drama & Theatre.com