|INSIDE:||149 colour photographs|
Celebrated for its health benefits, superior texture and unique flavour, sourdough goes back to the roots of traditional bread making and gives you the freedom to craft your own dietary staple to your own specifications. Artisan baker, Kevan Roberts, takes readers on a sensory journey through the formation of sourdough from natural yeast to the craft of producing your own perfect loaf, before extending this knowledge to make croissants, pancakes, pizza and more. Step-by-step photographs, detailed guides and original recipes provide a thorough understanding of the sourdough process including:
- How to build and maintain a healthy sourdough starter
- Essential equipment, methods, and preferments
- Techniques in kneading, shaping, scoring and baking
- Converting commercial yeasted products to sourdough
- Gluten-free sourdough
- A comprehensive troubleshooting guide
- Thirty detailed recipes are given from a basic starter to international breads and creative bakes
Baking Sourdough enables all bread-lovers - from professionals looking for a means of bulk producing the same sour hit every time to at-home bakers taking first steps into baking with natural yeast - to create their own freshly baked sourdough, again and again.
Site Price: £13.59E-Book Edition: £12.99 (incl. VAT)
Other products from this category...
Making Vintage Wedding Dresses - Inspiring Timeless Style
Making Woodblock Prints
Making Japanese Woodblock Prints