Machine Embroidery - Techniques and projects
|INSIDE:||995 colour photographs|
Embroidering with a sewing machine is exciting, immediate and affordable; this practical book shows you how to do it. Packed with encouraging advice, it introduces the sewing machine before explaining how to design, plan and make your own embroideries and turn them into finished items to treasure.
- Learn how to set up the machine and carry out basic cleaning and maintenance
- Discover which thread types, fabrics and mixed media elements are most suitable for machine embroideries
- Explore how to use the pressure foot to turn functional utility stitches into exciting surface decoration
- Work freely with dropped feeder teeth and an embroidery foot, and learn how to alter the tension to create different effects
- Use soluble film to enhance your pictures, and stitch realistic thread paintings of landscape, animal and bird embroideries
- Techniques are supported by a variety of step-by-step projects and samplers for a range of abilities
Site Price: £20.00E-Book Edition: £20.00 (incl. VAT)
" This is an in-depth study on how to get the best decorative results from your machine - any yourself. If you want to explore this area, this book book should be your road map. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Stitch Magazine