Mercedes-Benz W201 (190) - The Complete Story
|INSIDE:||233 colour photographs|
The W201 was a compact saloon designed to address both concerns about fuel economy generated by the first oil crisis in the 1970s and competition for sales from the BMW 3 Series. Many doubted that Mercedes could deliver a compact car whilst retaining their traditional qualities. But the W201 soon won them over. For here was a car that was a real Mercedes in the tradition of the time - it was just smaller.
With around 200 colour photographs, this book features:
- The reasons behind the need to build a new compact saloon in the 1980s
- The styling, engineering and specification changes introduced over the lifetime of the model
- Full technical specifications, including paint and interior trim choices
- A chapter on the special US variants
- Production tables and vehicle number sequences
- The story of Mercedes' long and exciting struggle to win the German Touring Car Championship with the 190
- A chapter on buying and owning a 201-series Mercedes
Site Price: £20.00E-Book Edition: £20.00 (incl. VAT)
" Comprehensive technical details help to make this a useful resource, while the buying advice will be welcomed by potential owners, especially because the earliest examples are now not far off their 40th birthdays. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Classic & Sportscar