Strength and Conditioning for Rowing
|INSIDE:||58 colour photos and 13 b&w and 9 colour diagrams|
The field of strength and conditioning has grown exponentially over the last two decades, making both collaboration with others and recognition of the impact S&C coaches can have beyond the weight room more important than ever before.
This book purposefully begins by sharing professional insights from both the individuals S&C coaches work with - the event coaches - and those individuals S&C coaches work for - the athletes - to examine how collaboration towards agreed, shared and understood performance goals works in practice. The latter chapters focus on applying S&C principles within rowing populations, which are easily transferred to any athlete.
- A 'performance backwards' approach to planning
- Exploring an adaptation approach to programming
- Common injuries across rowing populations
- Exercise selection, including specific trunk training assessment and programming
- Transfer of training to rowing performance
- Understanding the needs of Paralympic Rowers
Site Price: £15.99E-Book Edition: £16.00 (incl. VAT)