Improve Your Marathon and Half Marathon Running
|INSIDE:||100 colour photographs|
Improve Your Marathon and Half Marathon Running is an accessible, jargon-free guide for athletes committing to improving their running at either distance. It provides valuable advice in increasing competition experience and structuring more advanced training programmes.
The book covers:
- Training plans and principles
- Evolving training programmes as a runner's experience increases
- Methods for cross-training in other disciplines
- Principles for athletes to examine the biomechanics of their running to improve performance
- Benefits of coaching
- Training case histories of successful athletes
- Practical nutritional advice to manage the distance
Site Price: £10.39E-Book Edition: £9.99 (incl. VAT)
" This book unashamedly targets the club runner, but there is also enough pertinent information to help the elite aspirant as well.
Written by David Chalfen, a Level-4 UKA coach who has been running for more than 30 years, it has a foreword by renowned coaching guru Bud Baldaro. Its 140 pages cover just about everything you need to know in your quest for that perfect half or full marathon. "
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Atheltics Weekly