Mercedes W113 - The Complete Story
|PUBLISHED (THIS EDITION):||09/05/2014|
|INSIDE:||249 colour photographs|
In 1963 the Mercedes W113 replaced two cars: the 300 SL racing legend and the successful 190 SL. In the process, the 230/250/280 SL two-seat coupe/roadster became an icon not only by carving out the perfect niche between its two predecessors, but also by being like no other car on the road. Mercedes W113 - The Complete Story explores both the technical and social side of how this legend was born.
The book covers:
- The W113's predecessors - the 300 SL and the 190 SL
- Design and development of the 230, 250 and 280 SL models, including the distinctive concave 'Pagoda' roof and the 'Californian Coupe' rear seat option
- Bela Barenyi's innovations that made the 230 SL the first 'safety sports car'
- Rallying successes for the W113
- The R107 successor
- Specialist advice on 'Pagoda' restorations, and the W113 in popular culture
Site Price: £20.00E-Book Edition: £20.00 (incl. VAT)